Pages

September 2, 2013

Girly Farm Fresh Baby Quilt - Finally a Finish!


I've been handquilting this little quilt forever. There's no excuse. I did get faster but it still took me a very long time. I finished the binding in the car on the way to Edmonton this summer and finished the decorative stitching along the edge of the binding on the way home. I do love a road trip.

I won this fabric a few years ago and I've been able to make two baby quilts from it. I made both quilt tops at the same time … the summer I first attempted quilting … and I finished the 1st Farm Fresh quilt (a boyish one) a couple of years ago. It looks pretty much the same as this one but has a green dimpled minky backing, green perle cotton hand quilting and no flowery fabric in it. You can see it here.  In the bottom photo you can see one row where I got muddled and did a double row of stitching instead of a single row.

This one has more hand quilting using perle cotton and has a rhubarb coloured dimpled minky backing. On the first one I used batting but on this one I used a layer of white flannel, which made the hand quilting a lot easier.

I still have to wash this one but wanted to get photos while the day was right ... AND ... before I can wash it I have to do a little fix. I see that my binding didn't catch all the fabric in a couple of places on the front. Beginner mistake, I think. I'll know better next time, I hope. I now have to do a little stitching before I can throw it in the machine.

And then I can finally send this off to Claire, the little girl I made it for. She just turned two. Yup … I'm a slow quilter. That's for sure.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. That's absolutely gorgeous -- I love the big square with the cow! The hand quilting looks great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like read this blog and very nice post thank's for your information you can visit my blogs in the obat herbal penyempitan pembuluh darah or you can review my site on the Obat Herbal Asam Lambung

    ReplyDelete

peace.love.quilt.comment