Pages

September 2, 2013

Star Baby Quilt Top

I won two charm packs of this Coquette fabric by Moda a while ago and immediately knew I wanted to make these stars using the tutorial at the Moda Bake Shop. This is my first time making stars. I enjoyed the process.

I want this quilt to be rectangular so I'm in the process of using scraps to sew into strips that will lengthen it out a bit.

I like the dappled look of the top photo. It almost makes those white stars twinkle.

This quilt will go to live with a baby girl … whenever I get it finished. I have a particular wee one in mind. I'm not so good on the follow through this summer but I'm aiming to have this one completed before the snow falls.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty darn cute - well done on those stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I haven't been here for a long time! You have been busy girl! We need to have another long chat soon but I'm leaving for Germany next week to see Jess. I'll call you when I get back.

    ReplyDelete

peace.love.quilt.comment